[Dysphagia] Oral Motor Exercises for Adults

--- CARENSMANN@aol.com wrote:

>        Has there been any research to show OME's to
> have an
> advantage/disadvantage as a therapeutic
> intervention?

NO.

 What about with
> certain DX such as neurodegenerative diseases
> (Parkinson's, MS)?

None whatsoever - in fact, if performed is likely to
worsen the condition due to gross fatigue. These are
conditions that are inexorably progressive. If
exercise of any type improved them I think it would
have been identified long ago.
The thing I find even more annoying than the simple
recommendation ofr OME is the frequent lack of any
differentiation among and between between motor,
sensory and mixed disorders to the point where I see
some doing "sensory stimulation" with ALS patients -
who have a motor neuron disease with intact sensation,
or OME when the motor neurons are disappearing.

=====
Dr I Campbell-Taylor
Clinical Neuroscientist
Suite 209, 134 Lawton Blvd