[Dysphagia] Antibiotic-induced Thrush-symptoms

Thank you Irene:  my sentiments exactly.  Cynthia
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: ict graham
  To: speech at saintlukeshospital.com ; carmen7019 at cogeco.ca ; dysphagia at dysphagia.com
  Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 2:51 PM
  Subject: RE: [Dysphagia] Antibiotic-induced Thrush-symptoms

  If it is thrush the patient is either immunocompromised or if on antibiotics is experiencing the result of having needed bacteria destroyed in the mouth/pharynx/esophagus. The pain can be severe - imagine having athlete's foot in your mouth. Nutritional status should be monitored closely because of the reluctance to eat.