[Dysphagia] packaged pureed foods

  • Subject: [Dysphagia] packaged pureed foods
  • From: mary.joan.mcclure at ncmail.net (Mary Joan McClure)
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:07:59 -0500

Has anybody recommended or had clients using packaged pureed foods
available for home delivery? Although our kitchen staff prepares all
food on site, some of us are looking into options for when our residents
go on home visits, vacations, etc.  I'm specifically looking for
information regarding consistency of preparation, taste, and consumer
satisfaction.

I tried a bite of one of Thick-It's products at the ASHA convention, but
would appreciate knowing the opinions of people using it on a regular basis:
http://www.thickitdelivered.com/puree.htm

Also, I just received this link from one of our dietitians yesterday -
anybody have any knowledge about this company's products?
http://www.travismeats.com/home_delivery.php

Please share other sources, as well. Thanks, in advance, for your
assistance.

Mary Joan McClure