[Dysphagia] mouth stretcher

--------------7ACB06F8DD76BF4C90A67602

I don't know what is meant by "mouth stretcher" but I have seen a stack
of tongue depressors used. Add one tongue depressor at a time to stretch
the opening.  You can measure success by counting the tongue depressors.

Carol

Barbara Cole wrote:

> For those of you with experience in oral cancer patients, could you
> help me out?  Is there something known as a "mouth stretcher"?This
> would be for an oral cancer patient with a skin graft (very large I am
> told) who is having trouble opening his mouth.  MD told him about a
> mouth stretcher.  I'm not familiar enough with this to know what to
> recommend or how to use it. Also not my patient but I was asked about
> it and am trying to help.  Don't think this man is seeing a
> therapist.  Thanks in advance.  Barbara

--------------7ACB06F8DD76BF4C90A67602

I don't know what is meant by "mouth stretcher" but I have seen a stack
of tongue depressors used. Add one tongue depressor at a time to stretch
the opening.&nbsp; You can measure success by counting the tongue depressors.
those of you with experience in oral cancer patients, could you help me
would be for an oral cancer patient with a skin graft (very large I am
told) who is having trouble opening his mouth.&nbsp; MD told him about
a mouth stretcher.&nbsp; I'm not familiar enough with this to know what
to recommend or how to use it. Also not my patient but I was asked about
it and am trying to help.&nbsp; Don't think this man is seeing a therapist.&nbsp;

--------------7ACB06F8DD76BF4C90A67602--